Committees and Commissions
Committees and Commissions
To download a Board and/or Commission Application CLICK HERE,
- The Bicycle & Pedestrian Advisory Commission advises the Governing Body on ways to encourage bicycle and pedestrian transportation, assists the Village of Corrales in the acquisition of funding for safety education, programs and events, and assists the Village in the development of designated paths, routes, bikeways and lanes.
- The Bosque Advisory Commission advises the Governing Body and the administration on issues related to the Corrales Bosque Preserve located along the Rio Grande.
- The Capital Improvements Advisory Committee advises, assists, and comments on the Land Use Assumptions, Capital Improvements Plan and other aspects concerning the Far Northwest Sector as requested by the Village.
- The Equestrian Advisory Commission advises the Governing Body on ways to encourage preservation of equestrian trails and lifestyle, assist the Village in the acquisition of funding for trails and safety education, programs, events and other supportive activities for its citizens who choose to engage in equestrian pursuits, and advise and assist the Village in the development of designated paths, routes and trails.
- The Farmland Preservation Committee works with property owners to keep their land open for farming. The Village of Corrales has a program to purchase development rights on farmland to provide incentives for property owners to protect the farmland. Property owners in Corrales should contact the Planning and Zoning Department, the Chairperson, or may attend the monthly committee meetings. The Village raises funds for this program through grant applications.
- The Historic Preservation Committee has a mission of ensuring that our remarkable heritage is preserved and passed on to future generations. This is accomplished through a variety of means, including public outreach, registration of properties for the National Register of Historic Places and the State Register of Cultural Properties, and administration of preservation grants and loans.
- The Parks and Recreation Commission works with the Parks and Recreation Director to recommend policies, procedures, programs and future planning regarding recreation programs and facilities.
- The Planning and Zoning Commission reviews issues relating to land use, including approvals of home occupation permits and land subdivisions, recommendations to the Governing Body on changes in zoning and changes to land use ordinances, and assisting the Planning and Zoning Administrator in long-range land use planning.
- The Political Sign Review Committee has been established to draft proposed ordinances regarding placement and use of campaign signs during political campaigns for consideration by the Governing Body. These ordinances shall include enforcement provisions.
- The Recycling Committee volunteers assist the Public Works Department in the operation of the Recycling Center. They also recommend changes in policies and procedures regarding the recycling program in the Village.
We are constantly updating our committee listing with new members and removing resignations,
if you find any error
PLEASE eMail the Village Clerk at jhise@Corrales-nm.org with the correct info.
To download a Board and/or Commission Application CLICK HERE.
|Roberts, Holly - Co-Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Zimmerman, Susan - Co-Chairemail@example.com|
Bosque Advisory Commission
|Hashimoto, Joan - Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lowenstein, Marco - Co Chairemail@example.com|
|Dail, David Bryan - Co Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Capital Improvements Advisory Committee
|Foote, Richard - Chairemail@example.com|
|Garner, Pauline (Polly)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Casa San Ysidro
|Philpot, Susan Jamie- Vice Chairemail@example.com|
Farmland Preservation & Agricultural Commission
|Foote, Ginger - Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Goss, Jerry - Vice Chairemail@example.com|
|Kelbley, Nancy - Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Lodger's Tax Board
|Newby, Judith - Chairemail@example.com|
Parks and Recreation Commission
|Clifton, Renee -Vice Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Parker, J. Tyson - Chairemail@example.com|
|Vigil, Steve - Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Planning and Zoning Commission
|Begay , Cynthia|
|Staley, Elizabeth - Chair|
|Cordova, Ignacio Ph.D|
|Wirtz, Frank C.|
Safe Routes to School Team
Senior Advisory Board
|Alper, Mel - Vice Chairemail@example.com|
|Gerber, Marjorie L.||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rodriquez, Mary Janeemail@example.com|
Water Issues Advisory Board
The following committees are not appointed by the Governing Body
( not appointed by Governing Body)
|Allen, Chris VPfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Blackwell, Ben - Web Masteremail@example.com|
|Clemente, Debbie - Publicityfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Darrow, Bev - Visual Artsemail@example.com|
|Davis, Mary - Archivesfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Foote, Ginger - Director email@example.com|
|Gold, Sandy - Secretaryfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Peacock, Deborah - Legal Advisoremail@example.com|
|Pedroncelli, Clifford - Director 2013|
|Protz, Jan - Docents & Membershipfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Turner, Dee - Schedulingemail@example.com|
|Wright, Jim - Director firstname.lastname@example.org|
MainStreet Committee (not appointed by Governing Body)